Statement of Purpose:
To create a burial ground in the Ottawa Valley in keeping with the principles of Green Burial.
- Build public awareness of and demand for natural burial.
- Encourage existing funeral services and cemeteries to offer green alternatives.
- Educate municipalities about the benefits and need for natural burial grounds
- Establish a Green Burial cemetery for the residents of the Ottawa Valley within one of these Townships: Killaloe, Hagarty, Richards; Madawaska Valley; North Algona, Wilberforce; Laurentian Valley; Bonnechere Valley; Brudenell, Lyndoch, Raglan
- Using the Ottawa Valley site as a template, seek and develop new green burial sites in Eastern Ontario
Green Burial Ottawa Valley is incorporated as a non-profit co-operative. Our Directors are: Megan Spencer, Bernadine Roslyn, Robbie Anderman, Charlotte Bodnar, Kaz Amaranth, Mary Nash, Sasha Honsl and Katie Howard.